There are few things I enjoy more for breakfast than a good omelette – with buttered toast and a cup of tea. This is how I make mine…
- Slice mushrooms and saute in a pan with butter, then put asside
- beat two eggs
- Finely chop a rasher of bacon and a quarter of a capsicum, then fry with butter, put aside with the mushroom
- Pour the beaten egg into a well greased small frying pan and cook on medium heat
- When the egg is approximately half cooked spread the mushroom, capsicum, and bacon on top
- Grate on tasty cheese for extra flavour!
- Season with pepper (no need for salt, the bacon and cheese should provide plenty)
- When the egg is almost fully cooked, use a spatula to gently fold the omelette in half. Press down gently along the sides to help seal it together
- Cook for a few more minutes to finish the egg and re-warm the filling
- Serve with buttered toast and some baby spinach leaves for garnish!